Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Blogtober Day 3: Tropes & Tags




For today's Blogtober post I watched Frankenweenie, and I was also tagged in a Blogtober Fall Favorites post that I'll be doing and tagging other wonderful bloggers.

I enjoyed seeing Disney's first Elsa, I wish they could make an Elsa without having to involve emotional neglect but that's how it is I guess.
While adorable and heartwarming, it definitely had that perfect spooky feel and played on my fears about parenting- my kid being up to things with me completely unaware, pressuring them into things because I want them to have hobbies, and them feeling like they have to hide things from me. Most of the movie I was angry at the parents for not doing more but the moment at the end where they got all the townspeople in their cars was redeeming.


The aesthetic is Tim Burton all the way, spooky shadowy silhouettes sometimes more in focus and how we see the characters represented rather than their actual figures, wide and unblinking eyes with a thousand yard stare, and salad fingers er.. fingers.

Blogtober Fall Favorites 

Thanks to Louise Tribble for the tag, please check out her blog & books at mindfulmillieweb.wordpress.com

1. What is one candle you MUST light every fall?
I'm partial to jasmine scents but after discovering my favorite it has to be mulberry.


2. When you think of Fall, what does it remind you of?
The changing leaves. I'm from New England and with the exception of a few bum years, the scenery is every bit as amazing as people say it is and definitely worth visiting. Plus the local economy gets a sizable boom from leaf peepers.






3. What is your all-time favorite Fall/Halloween movie?
Nightmare before Christmas, I also consider a Christmas movie but basically I want to live in a town with as big of a boner for Halloween as me.

4. What Halloween costume do you have in mind?
It's a nerdy costume/cosplay because it's one I'm already making for conventions. My fiance and I will be Stussy and Blackbeard from One Piece, one cat will be Luna from Sailor Moon and the other will be hiding in the bedroom because he hates visitors, especially ones that knock on the door every 10 minutes in strange clothes.

5. What is your favorite Fall trend?
Boots. Before they become utilitarian and people sacrifice fashion in order to survive and stay upright in the ice and slush. I love booties, low heels, high boots, leather, suede, wedge, everything that hasn't yet given way to rubber and crampons. (14 year old me is still not done giggling at that word)

6. When you think of Fall, what drink comes to mind?
Hot cider, not quite time for cocoa and hot toddys. Actually lately, with my broken foot, my hot drink of choice other than tea has been bone broth. After starting on the Autoimmune Protocol diet, I started introducing bone broth and grass fed gelatin into my meals with soups and broths, but I hadn't been drinking broth that much. I only drink beef bone broth, although in some even without looking at the packaging you can FEEL the oxtail before even tasting it and you know it's going to have that gamey, muddy flavor I really dislike from oxtail. I won't drink straight chicken broth and haven't been able to since having a procedure many years ago where I had to be on a clear liquid diet and it ruined chicken broth, lemonade, and jell-o.

7. What is your go-to fall beauty product? A must-have staple?
My go to fall beauty product is CeraVe Healing ointment. My autoimmune disease causes my skin to get very dry and cracked, and it gets a lot worse in cold weather so I have to be careful about having a skincare routine and using the right products. This stuff protects any split skin I have and heals it back together. This stuff is perfect for elbows, cracked heels, knuckles, the like. The downside is that it applies like Vaseline, as its main carrier is petroleum jelly, and leaves a greasy residue to protect against wind and chafing. It gets on clothing and I'd be hesitant to put it on my face as I know how sensitive my skin is to grease and oils.

8. Do you prefer apple-pie or pumpkin pie?
Pumpkin pie! I love pumpkin pie cheesecake, pumpkin custard pie, regular pumpkin pie... basically if you don't know this about me already you should know I am a baking hoe and I have an unhealthy collection of 220+ recipes at the age of 24. 

9. Do you have any fall traditions? If so, tell us all about it!
No not really just stomping on crunchy leaves and pine cones.

10. The moment of truth.. Is Fall your favorite season?
Absolutely. I hate being too hot or too cold, and with the autoimmune disease that happens a lot easier so Fall is the perfect crisp temperature to not overheat but be able to wear the warm things I enjoy. I love taking pictures on walks and the leaves changing always inspire me. Plus during October people let loose more with their love of spooky themed things and it's a hype I wish would stick around all year.




Tag others

Other bloggers who I know are doing Blogtober 

@ellieblue1223  earlyretirementrocks.com


@LivingPrettyxo prettystyleofliving.wordpress.com

@TheAjifa ajifa.com.ng

@kirstyttlg kirstythroughthelookingglass.com

@uncensoredmomma ourchaoticmess.com

1 comment:

Carly Tamara said...

I love taking part in tags, thank you for tagging me! I can't wait to share this on my own blog!

Carly xx // www.prettystyleofliving.wordpress.com